Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ask, Listen and Learn

My natural inquisitiveness and concern for others serves me well. As you'd expect, I've learned from CEOs, managers, front-line associates, non-profit execs and professional consultants.

I've also gained tremendous insight from my children and other children with whom I've been fortunate to interact. When we're willing and able to listen and learn, the amazing perspectives of all of our young friends will enrich our lives.

I've benefited from the wisdom, experience and challenges shared by my office friends who are security guards and maintenance workers. Some of their children are attending amazing schools. These hard-working individuals know the difference that an education can make. Unlike many with whom I routinely interact, these committed individuals are working double shifts to ensure that their children have the best opportunity available.

Wonder what I'll learn today!

No comments:

Post a Comment