Sunday, April 25, 2010

Incredible Fun and Impact for $25

Though we've never met, I've connected with 12 special women across the globe during the last 13 months:
  • Ernestina from Nicaragua
  • Norma from Mexico
  • Maria from Bolivia
  • Esther from Ghana
  • Janet from Nigeria
  • Dolores from Peru
  • Elma from Philippines
  • Inocensia from Philippines
  • Augustina from Ghana
  • Faatali from Somoa
  • Marina from Philippines
  • Valentina from Ukraine
These 12 female entrepreneurs are working to improve their own lives and provide opportunities for their families. Who would ever imagine that 13 lives (theirs and mine) could be touched by investing $100 ($25 per entrepreneur)? 

My precious daughter wisely knew that I'd become intrigued with Kiva, a wonderful micro-lending organization.  Her cherished gift certificate caused me to become an avid Kiva lender and advocate.

The beauty of Kiva is that each loan amount is $25 per lender.  So, my 4 initial loans have now mushroomed to 12 because, though it's not required, I've chosen to re-lend funds each time my hard-working entrepreneurs repay.  And, because I value what this non-profit is doing, I've made small donations to cover their operating expenses.  Donating, though appreciated, is not required.

I've chosen to focus on female entrepreneurs, but want to emphasize that Kiva provides loans to women and men across the globe.

I can't imagine a more interactive, impactful $25 investment opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment