Friday, April 16, 2010

Real People Create Our Opportunities

How many times have you left an event feeling energized and educated?  My guess and hope is many, many times.  And I sincerely hope that most of you who have attended Sterling Bank events have left with news you can use, contacts you will pursue, and a renewed emphasis on productive, self enlightened networking.  How often do you take time to acknowledge the real person who invited you or entertained you? 

When you get an event oriented invitation from Sterling Bank and many other companies, most often, a real person indicated that you might be interested in attending.  Yes, we all get automated invitations to do absolutely everything! But, we all need to acknowledge those who provide appropriate chances to meet, learn and grow.

 I will continue to invite those who might be interested to engage in discussions that I think are productive. And I hope others will continue to include me when they think I can add value or benefit.

2 comments:

  1. Too true! I receive so many events by evites these days I forget there's a person behind them. This blog is a great reminder to express gratitude due.

    Your recent Sterling Bank Women's Initiative business lunch was different in that in came directly from you. Ergo it was easier to acknowledge. It also sets you apart from everyon else in this digital era.

    One more reason that Sterling Bank is renowned as 'my personal banker'. People answer phones. People send invitations. People use your name at the teller's counter.

    I could do a whole presentation on how Sterling Bank is leading the way in extraordinary performance!

    Theresa Behenna
    Keynote speaker, Professional Pianist, Author
    www.TheresaBehenna.com
    Theresa@TheresaBehenna.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking time to read my blog and forbeing a great Sterling customer!

    ReplyDelete