Sunday, February 13, 2011

High Impact Introductions

We rarely know the impact of introductions we make. My daughter, Julia, made two special introductions, one intentional and one by chance, that have tremendous benefits that can be tracked. Julia's fabulous gift of a Kiva gift card introduced me to this remarkable micro-lending site.  My original two loans have grown to a total of seventeen.  I've also made contributions toward Kiva's operations.  And I'm thrilled to report that all of my entrepreneurs have repaid or are repaying as agreed.

The second introduction was to DonorsChoose.org.  Julia and I went to see "Waiting for Superman".  A $15 DonorsChoose gift card that was distributed to all viewers prompted me to investigate.  After using the gift card to benefit a Houston classroom, 28 classrooms in Houston, Dallas and San Antonio became the beneficiaries of Sterling Bank's Thanksgiving Grants.

I've shared information on these projects in the following previous posts:

Funding Classroom Projects
Incredible Fun and Impact for $25
Gifts that Keep on Giving 
Making a Difference in Classrooms 

As these two examples illustrate, it doesn't take a lot of money or a detailed plan to make high impact introductions.  When we act with good intentions and natural curiosity, we can create high impact introductions.  In addition to loans and donations, our introductions can lead to friendships, jobs, contracts, recognition and awards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment