Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Purse Was Not Stolen at Church

For a minute, I thought that the unthinkable had occurred - that my purse had been stolen at church.  When we returned to our pew after taking communion, my purse wasn't where I'd left it, nor was it on the floor beneath the pew.   Panic set in as I looked all around for my missing purse.  Another parishioner and I had blindly followed Edgar into the pew in front of ours. Fortunately, when we spotted my purse behind us, we realized that we'd simply assumed the wrong seats.   The irony of Edgar leading us into the wrong pew is that he is ordinarily uncannily spatially aware. 

This was a vivid reminder:
  • things aren't always as they seem
  • every leader can make a wrong turn
  • we can be badly mistaken when we jump hastily to a conclusion without examining the facts

No comments:

Post a Comment