Saturday, August 22, 2009

Friendly People Are Everywhere

We often think of small towns as having the friendliest people on earth. And they do have remarkably friendly residents. I had the privilege of growing up in a small town where almost everyone knew everyone else.

But huge cities like Houston have wonderfully friendly folks, too. I've often said that there are only three degrees of separation in Houston.

I was thrilled today when my lovely Mother remarked that she was delighted to see how polite and accommodating everyone coming in and out of my very busy neighborhood post office was. And she had the chance to observe many comings and goings as I waited in a Saturday line to post a birthday greeting for our precious daughter.

I'm so very thankful to encounter gracious people wherever I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment