Monday, August 24, 2009

Don't Wait to Say What You Mean

I've had the most devastating experience of losing my two cherished younger brothers to disease and accident. This brings vividly to mind the saying, "the things that don't kill you make you stronger."

I realize that profound loss makes us more empathetic. But I also am more attuned than many to the fact that "nothing is a given."

Our close, loving family had the unthinkable experience of losing two vibrant, most loved family members in two years. These unexpected deaths sent shock waves through our family, community and each of our individual realities.

Despite our profound and endless loss, our family is living, loving and thriving.

We all consistently say "I love you" as we greet and as we conclude a visit or call.

Please, don't wait to let others know how much they mean to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment