Sunday, August 9, 2009

Household Celebrity - Fabulous Customer Service!

I'm always trying to find great speakers and engaging topics for our quarterly Sterling Bank Women's Business Initiative Luncheons. I generally ask community leaders who are most gracious to appear without compensation. Rarely, I reach out to paid speakers. In trying to find options for San Antonio, I remembered that Heloise lives there. I didn't want to regret failing to explore the possibility. So, I followed the instructions on her website and crafted a fax on our letterhead describing our program and kindly requesting that someone provide her fee schedule. I fully expected a call or email from one of her assistants. Imagine my surprise when I answered a call and the caller said, "This is Heloise." This was a special celebrity moment and resulted in a fabulous, memorable dialogue. She is gracious, communicative and engaged!

We all have numerous ways to present and respond. How often are we exceeding expectations and personally engaging our targets?

No comments:

Post a Comment