Friday, August 7, 2009

What Happens When Things Explode?

What do you do when valued providers don't meet their commitments?

I arrived a few minutes after the expected pick-up time at my favorite and often used "big kid's happy meal provider". Imagine my surprise when this ever ready provider had experienced an ordering glitch. How it was handled was most admirable! Though I was already on the way, I now know that I received a message as soon as the problem was discovered. (Note to self: Give every time-sensitive contact a cellphone #). When I arrived, I was immediately greeted with the message "as soon as we discovered the problem we tried to reach you" (yes they did!)and they had all hands on deck to fix it. They gave me two bags of yummy, homemade brownies to diffuse the situation.

The rest of the story...

Despite the unfortunate delay, the honored group for whom the meals were intended was feted "on-time".
Some of the brownies were used to make an afternoon "non-food" recognition celebration more special.
The remainder of the brownies provided many of my hard-working associates an unexpected afternoon "sweet treat".

This is a vivid reminder that when we have a valued relationship, we can weather unexpected storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment