Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Making Amends

I had a most interesting meeting with one of the non-profits that Sterling Bank supports. Though we are a major funder, they took us for granted. Guess the recession provided a wake-up call to the organization that expected funders are not always available! Unsolicited, the development officer fell on his sword and asked what recognition would be appropriate. I proposed a very modest but distinct format for our recognition. He proposed far more than I requested. Only when I determined that recognizing Sterling Bank in the manner which he proposed did not limit the organization's supplemental sponsorship opportunities, did I enthusiastically agree.

Screwing up is not the end unless you quit! Partner with those who have your best interest at heart and create win-win opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment