Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pen This!

My AHA moment for writing instruments was delivered vividly and graciously in two different episodes. Everything is connected!

My terrific, creative and accommodating assistant shared the news that the pens that I had always enjoyed using were no longer on the approved list and provided me pens that were. And that same day, without knowledge of the change in standard issue pens, my best friend gave me a lovely pen.

I'm a big believer in flexibility, but also think that things you use daily should be of a quality that pleases you. I have several nice pens that I keep in my desk at home. Why wasn't I using one of those every day? I realized that this was inconsistent with my attitude about frequently using nice things. If I can keep up with an inexpensive pen until it runs out of ink, surely I will be even more conscious of keeping track of nice pens.

I've always enjoyed frequently using our silver, crystal, china and linens. After my first week of consistent use, nice pens are now added to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment